Displaying colours in saved script

Casperb

Hi all,

I'm new to Python and have a pretty basic question, explained in the following screendump:

http://i.imgur.com/oaCuKp5.jpg

After I save my script, the nice colours that make the code easier to read disappear. How do I stop that from happening?

Any help much appreciated.

Dave Angel

Hi all,

I'm new to Python and have a pretty basic question, explained in the following screendump:

http://i.imgur.com/oaCuKp5.jpg

After I save my script, the nice colours that make the code easier to read disappear. How do I stop that from happening?

Any help much appreciated.

Python source code is a plain text file, which has no colors. The
colors are used by your Python Shell only for displaying to the screen.

When Python Shell reloads Python source, it presumably reparses the text
and shows it with colors. My guess is that by naming the file without a
..py extension, you convinced Python Shell that it was NOT source code,
and therefore shouldn't be colorized.