Displaying RSS Feeds in a web page

Dave T

I'm thinking of using RSS Feeds on my website, but I don't want the person
viewing the page to be taken away from my website.

I'm wondering if it's possible to make it so that if someone clicks an RSS
Feed link on my webpage, the RSS Feed opens on a different section of the
same page so that they can read the information given over the Feed, but
still be on my Website.

Can this be done? Would frames be required for this to work?

Andy Dingley

Can this be done?
Yes

Would frames be required for this to work?

No

Some fairly simple server-side coding, probably using a server-side
database fo caching. You can probably download something ready-built and
almost exactly what you need.

Dave T

Andy Dingley said:
No

Some fairly simple server-side coding, probably using a server-side
database fo caching. You can probably download something ready-built and
almost exactly what you need.

Do you (or anyone else) know of any that can be Downloaded, or what code is
needed?

Many thanks for the help. :)

Peter Flynn

Dave said:
I'm thinking of using RSS Feeds on my website, but I don't want the person
viewing the page to be taken away from my website.

I'm wondering if it's possible to make it so that if someone clicks an RSS
Feed link on my webpage, the RSS Feed opens on a different section of the
same page so that they can read the information given over the Feed, but
still be on my Website.

Can this be done? Would frames be required for this to work?

Have a look at the Lightbox techniques, which use either Javascript or a
page reload and some CSS to open what looks like a new window but which
is actually an overlay (a CSS layer) on the current page. There's an
example and some further links at
http://webdesign.parkertorrence.com/zfrog/coding-experments/froglace-css-lightbox/

///Peter

The Magpie

Dave said:
Do you (or anyone else) know of any that can be Downloaded, or what code is
needed?

Many thanks for the help. :)
Yes - plug in a Google tool and use that.