Displaying RTF file in web form

Ron Fluegge

I have searched with Goggle and in Deja and have come up empty. And someone
is gonna point me to a place that has all the info (oh well, I'll just blame
not having enough coffee <G>).

I have an RTF document that displays just fine in a Windows RichTextBox;
however, there does not appear to be its counterpart in web controls.

I want to display, if possible, the RTF file either as an RTF file or
another file format such as HTML that will display correctly (look as close
as possible to the original RTF file).

Any suggestions or pointers to places to look would be much appreciated.

I'm using Framework 1.1/VS.NET 2003

Thanks...

Ron Fluegge

Yan-Hong Huang[MSFT]

Hello Ron,

A "real" rich text box means different things to different people. You have made it clear that you are not satisfied with the
ASP.NET Control rich text boxes you have found.

1) Your next step is to look for ActiveX Control rich text boxes as they are supported in IE and in Netscape (with plug ins).
There are some ActiveX controls with rich text features for sale at locations such as vbxtras.com.

2) Your next step after that is .NET Windows Forms control rich text boxes. Check out
http://www.windowsforms.com/Default.aspx?tabindex=9&tabid=50. I've listed .NET Windows Forms controls as your last
option because these require that each end user (each visitor to your site) has the .NET Framework installed. If you have a
broad audience of users, this may be too much to ask of them.

Or you could consider to use asp.net to stream rtf document to WORD in client side.
Please refer to MSDN article:
Q270906 HOWTO: Use ASP to Generate a Rich Text Format (RTF) Document to Stream to Microsoft Word

I hope this helps.

Best regards,
Yanhong Huang
Microsoft Online Partner Support