Do not deploy the source code files

Mircea Pleteriu

Hi,

I have developed a a web application with ASP.NET 2.0 and VS 2005.
My client wants to be delivered a .msi file that installs the app. My big
problem is that the .msi also deploys the source code files which I strongly
don't want to happen.

How to create a setup project that does not include the source files but
only the aspx, config and some binaries (as it was with VS 2003 setup
projects)?

Thank you,
Mircea

Mircea Pleteriu

I've installed the tool.
At a first glance it seems that this tool does not generate .msi or merge
modules..
And I need a msi or merge module.

Juan T. Llibre

It does.

Review the hints at :

You need to add a “Web Setup” project into your WDP solution.

This is a standard VS 2005 project type that supports packaging a .msi file
along with logic to create a vroot and deploy an application when executed.

You can easily configure the WebSetup project to pipe in
the output from your WebSiteDeployment project into the MSI.

Then, while you select “Build Solution” again you’ll build your web deployment project,
pipe it into the setup project, and you’ll be left with a .MSI setup program for your web
application
that will walk you through creating an IIS vroot and deploy your production app on a web server when
run.

There's specific instructions for doing that, with images, at :
http://weblogs.asp.net/scottgu/archive/2005/11/06/429723.aspx