Do you know Script Libraries for C++ ?

Joined
Jan 30, 2023
Messages
107
Reaction score
13
I wrote an article for a brief overview about existing scripting libraries embeddable in C++ applications:

https://tea-age.solutions/2023/01/31/script-language-comparison-for-embed-in-cpp/

The article is good for get a nice high-level overview as a starting point.
The reader may then dive deeper into a specific script language / library via the provided links.
  • Lua
  • Python
  • AngelScript
  • Squirrel
  • ChaiScript
  • FastScript
This is not an exhaustive list, and the choice of the library depends on the specific needs of the project and the preferences of the developer.

Joined
Dec 21, 2022
Messages
28
Reaction score
4
  • Lua
  • Python
  • AngelScript
  • Squirrel
  • ChaiScript
  • FastScript
This is not an exhaustive list, and the choice of the library depends on the specific needs of the project and the preferences of the developer.
Of course the list cannot be complete.
Every author must make pre-choices. If always everything must be present, then
a) it will never finish
and
b) nobody will read the N billion of pages.

If you want make an addition feel free to do it. I never claim that I am knowing every C++ Library which is offering a script language.

Joined
Nov 23, 2022
Messages
15
Reaction score
0
There is a list of Script Libraries that you can use for C++.
  • ChakraCore
  • Cython
  • SWIG
  • Wren
  • Duktape
  • JavaCpp
  • djinni
  • sol2
  • libffi
  • ChaiScript
  • CppSharp
  • Lua
  • nbind
  • cppimport
  • squirrel
  • luacxx
  • nelson
  • Boost.Python

Joined
Dec 21, 2022
Messages
28
Reaction score
4
There is a list of Script Libraries that you can use for C++.
  • ChakraCore
  • Cython
  • SWIG
  • Wren
  • Duktape
  • JavaCpp
  • djinni
  • sol2
  • libffi
  • ChaiScript
  • CppSharp
  • Lua
  • nbind
  • cppimport
  • squirrel
  • luacxx
  • nelson
  • Boost.Python
Yes, some of them I present in the article
Comparison of C++ Script Libraries.
others are not script libraries at all but either wrappers or binders only and some others are maybe dead / not maintained anymore.