document.getElementById(sender.controltovalidate) attributes

DaveyP

Hi. I'm writing a Javascript subroutine for client side validation
using a custom validator.

I know I have the ".value" attribute available, and want to know that
other attributes I can access and how to show their values.

I expect they'll vary depending on the class of the controltovalidate,
but I was initially looking for the "header text" on a textbox which
is being validated.

Any help for a noob would be great.

Cheers

Chris Shepherd

DaveyP said:
Hi. I'm writing a Javascript subroutine for client side validation
using a custom validator.

I know I have the ".value" attribute available, and want to know that
other attributes I can access and how to show their values.

I expect they'll vary depending on the class of the controltovalidate,
but I was initially looking for the "header text" on a textbox which
is being validated.

This is a good starting place:
http://www.w3schools.com/htmldom/dom_reference.asp

What properties are accessible to the JS will depend on the type of element. In
some cases there will be variance between browsers as well.

Chris.