document.write writing to a specific division or location

Richard

In searching answers to my quest, I have been looking for a method using
document.write to display the thumbnails in one division while showing text
about the thumbs in another division.
All I've seen so far is that document.write('does this') and that's it.
Nobody expands on this and explains what else you can do with it.
It's like they're more interested in showing you the ads than the
information you need.

Anyone have a site where document.write is discussed in depth?

Brett Foster

Richard said:
In searching answers to my quest, I have been looking for a method using
document.write to display the thumbnails in one division while showing text
about the thumbs in another division.
All I've seen so far is that document.write('does this') and that's it.
Nobody expands on this and explains what else you can do with it.
It's like they're more interested in showing you the ads than the
information you need.

Anyone have a site where document.write is discussed in depth?

Throw in all the HTML you want there, I suppose.

But really you shouldn't be using it. Play with the DOM instead. You'll
need to refer to some other source since it's a big topic.

Brett

Randy Webb

Richard said:
In searching answers to my quest, I have been looking for a method using
document.write to display the thumbnails in one division while showing text
about the thumbs in another division.
All I've seen so far is that document.write('does this') and that's it.
Nobody expands on this and explains what else you can do with it.
It's like they're more interested in showing you the ads than the
information you need.

Anyone have a site where document.write is discussed in depth?

If you document.write to a page after it's loaded, it destroys the page
itself. Which means you can't do what you are wanting to do. Read the
group FAQ and find DynWrite which does what you are wanting to do.
http://jibbering.com/faq/#FAQ4_15

There are also ways to change a current page without using innerHTML but
innerHTML seems to be the most cross-browser/reliable way to attempt to
do it.