Does LWP::UserAgent download images

himanshu.garg

Hi,

Will the following code also download the images on
search.cpan.org, if any :-

require LWP::UserAgent;
my $ua = LWP::UserAgent->new;
my $response = $ua->get('http://search.cpan.org/');

If yes, is there a way to avoid them. I want to minimize the
bandwidth the program consumes.

Thank You,
Himanshu.

greymaus

Hi,

Will the following code also download the images on
search.cpan.org, if any :-

require LWP::UserAgent;
my $ua = LWP::UserAgent->new;
my $response = $ua->get('http://search.cpan.org/');

If yes, is there a way to avoid them. I want to minimize the
bandwidth the program consumes.

Thank You,
Himanshu.

Use WWW::Mechanize, a superset of LWP::UserAgent. read the docs.

Ben Morrow

Quoth (e-mail address removed):
Will the following code also download the images on
search.cpan.org, if any :-

require LWP::UserAgent;
my $ua = LWP::UserAgent->new;
my $response = $ua->get('http://search.cpan.org/');

No. LWP doesn't follow links to images, it just gets the URI you ask
for.

Ben

Jürgen Exner

Will the following code also download the images on
search.cpan.org, if any :-

It will get whatever resource you ask it to get. If you ask for an HTML page
then it will get that HTML page, if you ask for a picture then it will get
that picture. It doesn't care about the different content types.

jue

himanshu.garg

It will get whatever resource you ask it to get. If you ask for an HTML page
then it will get that HTML page, if you ask for a picture then it will get
that picture. It doesn't care about the different content types.

jue

Thanks for the replies. I don't have to worry about unnecessary image
downloads now.

Will also check WWW::Mechanize and the documentation of LWP.

Thanks,
Himanshu.