Download version 1.8?

Cameron Smith

Where can I download the latest version of the 1.8 branch?

I need to deploy puppet and it doesn't run on 1.9 yet :(

David Masover

Linux - CentOS and Ubuntu

Ubuntu has Ruby packages, and the default ones (I think) are still 1.8.

sudo apt-get install ruby

Or if you want Rubygems:

sudo apt-get install ruby ruby-dev rubygems

That should give you puppet:

sudo gem install puppet

I bet CentOS has a similar situation.

James Edward Gray II

Ubuntu has Ruby packages, and the default ones (I think) are still 1.8.

sudo apt-get install ruby

You can use:

sudo apt-get install ruby-full

to get all of Ruby and all of its dependencies.

James Edward Gray II

Rick DeNatale

One might also using rvm

http://rvm.beginrescueend.com/os/debian/

I've been using rvm quite happily on OS X for some months, and just
today got around to installing it on my unbuntu box.

You can use:

=A0sudo apt-get install ruby-full

to get all of Ruby and all of its dependencies.

James Edward Gray II

--=20
Rick DeNatale

Github: http://github.com/rubyredrick