drop down lists

Guest

Hello -

How do I get a drop down list to drop down instead of up?

Is there any way to make the text centered in the list?

Also, I now have a drop down list that was created using a Sql Select
Statement and it fills the ddl. Is there any way of using a stored procedure
instead of just a Select?

Guest

Hi Sandy
For make text centerd in a list
put ur drop down list in GridLayoutPanel and change the property of panel
text to center
for stored procedure
make ur SP in sql
than write this code:
dim adapter as new sqlDataAdapter()
adapter.selectcommand=new sqlCommand("MySP")
adapter.selectCommand.connection="Myconnection"
adapter.SelectCommand.CommandType=commandtype.StoredProcedure
dim ds as new dataset()
adapter.fill(ds,"yourTable")
myDropDown.datasource=ds
mydropDown.dataMember="yourtable"
mydropDown.dataTextField="yourCoulumn"
mydropDown.databind

Eliyahu Goldin

How do I get a drop down list to drop down instead of up?
Don't think you can do anything about it unless you make your own control.
Is there any way to make the text centered in the list?
AFAIK in a standard ddl you can't format the items. I do recall seeing some
3rd party controls allowing this.
Also, I now have a drop down list that was created using a Sql Select
Statement and it fills the ddl. Is there any way of using a stored procedure
instead of just a Select?
Sure, just specify StoredProcedure type in your select command.

Eliyahu