Dynamic charting using Flash

vivekmahanta

I am trying to draw financial charts on my webpage displaying stock
prices and volumes that are updated very 5 mins. So, my chart should
be able to make changes to the chart as and when new data is added.
For this purpose I want to use Flash or any other application that
might make it possible. Do I need to have ColdFusion installed on the
web hosting server for this purpose ?? Any help in this matter will be
greatly appreciated. I have never programmed in Flash, but I am very
proficient in Java and C++, so if you can suggest anyway I can create
dynamic charts on my webpage then it will be really great.

Please reply,

Vivek

Andrew Thompson

I am trying to draw financial charts on my webpage displaying stock
prices and volumes that are updated very 5 mins.

So why the 'flash' title? Don't confuse the gaol
with a strategy.

Oh, wait a second..
<http://groups.google.com/groups/profile?
enc_user=DJfBIhYAAACdgsOy1_o6BAEbt1K8PXWso4cocwWvDVg2RHsu8f1bCg>
..Any help in this matter will be
greatly appreciated.

1) To be taken seriously, refrain from multi-posting
the same question to 6 separate groups.
2) ...

Andrew T.

vivekmahanta

Well, I wanted to use flash for this purpose because it seems to be
the approach that bloomberg, yahoo finance and google finance have
taken. Can you suggest any better way ??

Vivek

Oliver Wong

[post re-ordered for clarity]

Well, I wanted to use flash for this purpose because it seems to be
the approach that bloomberg, yahoo finance and google finance have
taken. Can you suggest any better way ??

Write it as an applet. It'll be "better" if your metric for better is
"on topic for the newsgroup you are posting in".

- Oliver