Dynamic dependencies

Bruni007

Dynamic dependencies
Hi, Under AIX, I have created a script which is checking URL status.
Problems come when I want to check HTTPS URL status... To have my
script working with HTTPS URLs, I must set the LIBPATH variable
correctly :
# LIBPATH=/opt/freeware/lib
# ./check_url.pl https://myexample.com
SUCCESS
200 OK

If the LIBPATH variable is not set, then....
# LIBPATH=""
# check_url.pl https://myexample.com
Can't load '/usr/opt/perl5/lib/site_perl/5.8.2/aix-thread-multi/auto/C
+rypt/SSLeay/SSLeay.so' for module Crypt::SSLeay: 0509-022 Cannot loa
+d module /usr/opt/perl5/lib/site_perl/5.8.2/aix-thread-multi/auto/Cry
+pt/SSLeay/SSLeay.so.
0509-150 Dependent module /usr/lib/libcrypto.a(libcrypto.so.
+0.9.7) could not be loaded.
0509-152 Member libcrypto.so.0.9.7 is not found in archive
0509-022 Cannot load module /usr/opt/perl5/lib/site_perl/5.8.2
+/aix-thread-multi/auto/Crypt/SSLeay/SSLeay.so.
0509-150 Dependent module /usr/opt/perl5/lib/site_perl/5.8.2
+/aix-thread-multi/auto/Crypt/SSLeay/SSLeay.so could not be loaded. at
+ /usr/opt/perl5/lib/5.8.2/aix-thread-multi/DynaLoader.pm line 229.
at scripts/check_url.pl line 22
Compilation failed in require at scripts/check_url.pl line 22.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at scripts/check_url.pl line 22.

I've been reading about dynamic dependencies and I think that this is
related to that. Does anyone of you is aware of a way to tell PERL
that he should use this file /opt/freeware/lib/libcrypto.a instead of /
usr/lib/libcrypto.a

Can I make it work with Dynaloader, if yes...I cannot figure out
how !?

By the way, I've tried to set the LIBPATH variable at the beginning of
my script, but it doesn't change anything...

My script has always been working fine, but since Openssl has been
upgraded to a new version, I have this error message. I've been told
that what I need from the libcrypto.a file has been removed from the
libcrypto.a file coming with the new Openssl version. That's why we
kept the old version installed...I just need to tell my script to go
get the right one.

I hope that I am clear enough, all of this is pretty new to me!