eclipse vm arguments?

David Kensche

Hi,
when running my application with eclipse I get this exception

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
javax/xml/parser/SAXParserFactory=org/apache/xerces/jaxp/SAXParserFactory
Exception in thread "main"

On the arguments tab of my run config I specified the following vm
argument:

-Djavax.xml.parser.SAXParserFactory org.apache.xerces.jaxp.SAXParserFactory

where the xerces.jar (containing the fac) is in the classpath. Removing
the argument works fine, but then crimson is used, causing exceptions
during runtime. Also when I try to
give the factory to the vm via

-Djava.endorsed.dirs ../lib

this gives me a similar exception:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: ///lib
Exception in thread "main"

but of course ../lib should not be interpreted as a Classname. Thus I
assume the command line generated by eclipse is not correct. It looks
as if eclipse assumes the parameter value to be the main class of my
application?!

I also tried some variations like ommitting the "-D" or using "=" which
didn't help.

Can anybody help?

Thanks beforehand,
David

Sudsy

David Kensche wrote:
-Djavax.xml.parser.SAXParserFactory org.apache.xerces.jaxp.SAXParserFactory
-Djava.endorsed.dirs ../lib

According to the man pages, the syntax is supposed to be
-Dproperty=value
(all one string)
Using spaces causes the argument value to be parsed as a
separate token.