Editing Single Cell on GridView

jack

Now here is the requirement to edit single Cell in the datagrid.

Im an trying to create a arithematic datagrid which will calculate the
area and the cost relating to it.

The functionality when I click on a cell of the grid. That cell only
turn to edit mode.
Im using Ajax.net for the purpose.

I Know that this could be done with edit button and creating
templates. But what if i want to edit only that cell which i clicked
on ...

Please help. Thanks for replying me...

Guest

The functionality when I click on a cell of the grid. That cell only
turn to edit mode.
Im using Ajax.net for the purpose.

So, what's your problem exactly? A bit of sample code could help

jack

One issue resolved and another has come.

Im able to get the textbox with I click on Template column Label. by
adding onclick in the label attribute.
The value from the textbox is replaced in the label.

Now when I click on the server side button im able to get the initial
value of the label and not the new replaced value.

How to get the new value from the label when i have changed the value
in the client side throught javascript function.

Guest

The value from the textbox is replaced in the label.
How to get the new value from the label

If label has the same value as in the textbox, you can take the one
from the textbox, right?

You also could set a hidden value by js (<input type=hidden....) and
take its value from the code-behind