EJB lookup exception

Oleg Konovalov

Hi,

I have created a new session EJB and modelled it all after another EJB in my
project [adjusted names, packages, etc. - sorry, pretty new to EJB].

When I try to access it (to call the database to get data populating Struts
GUI), getting exception:
com.bms.csi.portal.common.exception.SystemException:
While trying to lookup
'com.mycomp.portal.admin.ejb.session.AdminServiceSBHome' didn't find
subcontext 'admin' Resolved com.mycomp.portal
at com.mycomp.portal.admin.AdminDelegate.getService(AdminDelegate.java:78)
at
com.mycomp.portal.admin.AdminDelegate.getCmcSubmissionTypesList(AdminDelegate.java:51)
at
com.mycomp.portal.admin.web.action.ManageSubmissionTypesAction.initSubmissionTypes
(ManageSubmissionTypesAction.java:68)

It comes from:
service = AdminLocator.getAdminBeanRemote();
which invokes method doing only:
return ((AdminServiceSBHome)new AdminLocator().locateRemoteHome()).create();

I have checked all packages, paths of EJB classes [including EJB XMLs], it
all looks OK.

I don't think it's a error in the path problem, it wouldn't compile, it's an
EJB creation/JNDI lookup problem.

Is there anything I need to add/change in other configuration files,
maybe JNDI related ?

Any help is very appreciated.

Thank you in advance,
Oleg.