emma error - while extracting coverage

Discussion in 'Java' started by Anand Balasubramanian, Dec 3, 2008.

  1. We are getting the following error while extracting the emma coverage

    1) Java compile - done
    2) emma instument - done
    3) deploy ear to webspehere and updated the path with emma jars
    4) extract the coverage - FAILED here with below error.

    root@bmw01:/export/ENV/TIERS/DTU/WebSphere/AppServer/installedApps/
    tiers_DTU_Network/TiersEAR.ear# java -cp emma.jar emma ctl -connect
    localhost:47653 -command coverage.get,mycoverage.ec
    EMMA: processing control command sequence ...
    EMMA: executing [coverage.get (mycoverage.ec,true,true)] ...
    [EMMA v2.1, build 5320 (stable)]
    emma ctl: coverage.get: RPC failure while executing [coverage.get]
    Exception in thread "main" com.vladium.emma.EMMARuntimeException:
    coverage.get: RPC failure while executing [coverage.get]
    at com.vladium.emma.ctl.CtlProcessor._run(CtlProcessor.java:242)
    at com.vladium.emma.Processor.run(Processor.java:89)
    at com.vladium.emma.ctl.ctlCommand.run(ctlCommand.java:168)
    at emma.main(emma.java:51)
    Caused by: java.io.EOFException: Attempt to read primitive data, but
    no data block is active.
    at java.io_ObjectInputStream.readNextBlock(libgcj.so.7)
    at java.io_ObjectInputStream.readNextBlock(libgcj.so.7)
    at java.io_ObjectInputStream.read(libgcj.so.7)
    at java.io.DataInputStream.readBoolean(libgcj.so.7)
    at java.io_ObjectInputStream.readBoolean(libgcj.so.7)
    at com.vladium.emma.data.DataFactory.readBooleanArray
    (DataFactory.java:150)
    at com.vladium.emma.data.CoverageData.readExternal
    (CoverageData.java:206)
    at com.vladium.emma.data.CoverageData.readObject(CoverageData.java:
    275)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(libgcj.so.7)
    at java.io_ObjectInputStream.callReadMethod(libgcj.so.7)
    at java.io_ObjectInputStream.readObject(libgcj.so.7)
    at com.vladium.emma.rt.rpc.Response.read(Response.java:47)
    at com.vladium.emma.rt.RTControllerClientProxy.execute
    (RTControllerClientProxy.java:100)
    at com.vladium.emma.ctl.CtlProcessor._run(CtlProcessor.java:231)

    Anand Balasubramanian, Dec 3, 2008

  2. This got fixed.

    The Java path used for the AppServer and extract command was
    different. This was causing the error.

    We used the AppServer(websphere) java and it extracted the coverage.

    Anand Balasubramanian, Dec 3, 2008

  3. This is fixed by using appserver(IBM) java for extracting the
    coverage. Earlier, we used different java (SUN) for extracting, where
    appserver was using IBM Java, hence the exception.

    Anand Balasubramanian, Dec 3, 2008
  4. Could you please send the solution for this issue.

    santhoshp2006, Apr 28, 2014