emma error - while extracting coverage

  • Thread starter Anand Balasubramanian
  • Start date

A

Anand Balasubramanian

We are getting the following error while extracting the emma coverage

1) Java compile - done
2) emma instument - done
3) deploy ear to webspehere and updated the path with emma jars
4) extract the coverage - FAILED here with below error.

[email protected]:/export/ENV/TIERS/DTU/WebSphere/AppServer/installedApps/
tiers_DTU_Network/TiersEAR.ear# java -cp emma.jar emma ctl -connect
localhost:47653 -command coverage.get,mycoverage.ec
EMMA: processing control command sequence ...
EMMA: executing [coverage.get (mycoverage.ec,true,true)] ...
[EMMA v2.1, build 5320 (stable)]
emma ctl: coverage.get: RPC failure while executing [coverage.get]
Exception in thread "main" com.vladium.emma.EMMARuntimeException:
coverage.get: RPC failure while executing [coverage.get]
at com.vladium.emma.ctl.CtlProcessor._run(CtlProcessor.java:242)
at com.vladium.emma.Processor.run(Processor.java:89)
at com.vladium.emma.ctl.ctlCommand.run(ctlCommand.java:168)
at emma.main(emma.java:51)
Caused by: java.io.EOFException: Attempt to read primitive data, but
no data block is active.
at java.io_ObjectInputStream.readNextBlock(libgcj.so.7)
at java.io_ObjectInputStream.readNextBlock(libgcj.so.7)
at java.io_ObjectInputStream.read(libgcj.so.7)
at java.io.DataInputStream.readBoolean(libgcj.so.7)
at java.io_ObjectInputStream.readBoolean(libgcj.so.7)
at com.vladium.emma.data.DataFactory.readBooleanArray
(DataFactory.java:150)
at com.vladium.emma.data.CoverageData.readExternal
(CoverageData.java:206)
at com.vladium.emma.data.CoverageData.readObject(CoverageData.java:
275)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(libgcj.so.7)
at java.io_ObjectInputStream.callReadMethod(libgcj.so.7)
at java.io_ObjectInputStream.readObject(libgcj.so.7)
at com.vladium.emma.rt.rpc.Response.read(Response.java:47)
at com.vladium.emma.rt.RTControllerClientProxy.execute
(RTControllerClientProxy.java:100)
at com.vladium.emma.ctl.CtlProcessor._run(CtlProcessor.java:231)
 
Ad

Advertisements

A

Anand Balasubramanian

This got fixed.

The Java path used for the AppServer and extract command was
different. This was causing the error.

We used the AppServer(websphere) java and it extracted the coverage.
 
A

Anand Balasubramanian

This is fixed by using appserver(IBM) java for extracting the
coverage. Earlier, we used different java (SUN) for extracting, where
appserver was using IBM Java, hence the exception.
 
Ad

Advertisements

S

santhoshp2006

This is fixed by using appserver(IBM) java for extracting the
coverage. Earlier, we used different java (SUN) for extracting, where
appserver was using IBM Java, hence the exception.

Could you please send the solution for this issue.
 

Top