Encrypt identity password

Anand

Hi,

I want to encrypt userid and password on the web config
file. I ran the aspnet_setreg.exe and encrypted it on the
registry and in the web config file i wrote

<identity impersonate = "true"
userName="registery:HKLM:\SOFTWARE\MYAPP\identity\ASPNET_SE
TREG,userName"
password=="registery:HKLM:\SOFTWARE\MYAPP\identity\ASPNET_S
ETREG,password" />

But it throwed me an error
"Could not create Windows user token from the credentials
specified in the config file. Error from the operating
system 'Logon failure: unknown user name or bad
password. '"

If i hardcore my userid and password on the web config
file it works fine.

Any help would be good.
I am doing all these as i want to move my files from the
webserver to a shared folder on the database server and i
need to provide write access to the shared folder.
Any help or advice will be good.
Thanks
Anand

Jos

Anand said:
Hi,

I want to encrypt userid and password on the web config
file. I ran the aspnet_setreg.exe and encrypted it on the
registry and in the web config file i wrote

<identity impersonate = "true"
userName="registery:HKLM:\SOFTWARE\MYAPP\identity\ASPNET_SETREG,userName"
password=="registery:HKLM:\SOFTWARE\MYAPP\identity\ASPNET_SETREG,password"
/>

If you wrote it like this, you made a few typos.
"registery" should be "registry"
"password==" should be "password="