equivalent c data types for vc++ data types

Discussion in 'C Programming' started by ramu, Feb 20, 2006.

  1. ramu

    ramu Guest

    Hi

    I have to call a vc++ function in a c program.
    suppose i have a function

    dword fun(dword arg1, bstr arg2); in vc++.

    I have to call this function in c. But I don't have dword datatype in
    c. So when i call this function in c, i have to convert all the data
    tpyes of vc++ into c data types. Or I must have equivalent data types
    in c.
    And then i have to replace those equivalent datatypes in the function
    and then I must execute the function in c.

    One more thing am using linux to run c program and windows for Vc++.

    Can anyone give me an idea how to achieve this?

    Thanks in Advance

    ramu, Feb 20, 2006

  2. strictly this is off topic to this newsgroup. You need to ask on a
    microsoft
    specific group.

    But I'm a little confused. How are you calling windows specific
    functions
    without including MS specific headers (eg. windows.h). If the headers
    are
    present then the MS datatypes should be.

    Nick Keighley, Feb 20, 2006

  3. ramu

    rlblaster Guest

    The dword should be written as DWORD, and windows.h should be also
    included. If it isn't so, then you should typedef it for yourself (
    DWORD is unsigned long ).

    rlblaster, Feb 20, 2006