linux compatible c datatypes for vc++ data types on windows

ramu

Hi,
I want to call a vc++ function from a c program on linux. So
when I do this dosen't the VC++ datatypes differ with c datatypes.
Because we don't have some vc++ data types in c. I have to convert the
vc++ datatypes into c data types or i have to use eqvivalent data
types. Can someone give me some idea how to convert or about the
equivalent data types?

Thanks in Advance,

JetSnaiL

ramuwrote
Hi
I want to call a vc++ function from a c program on linux. S
when I do this dosen't the VC++ datatypes differ with c datatypes
Because we don't have some vc++ data types in c. I have to conver th
vc++ datatypes into c data types or i have to use eqvivalent dat
types. Can someone give me some idea how to convert or about th
equivalent data types

Thanks in Advance
I wonder, how you are going to call VC++ specific functions on Linux

Ian Collins

ramu said:
Hi,
I want to call a vc++ function from a c program on linux. So
when I do this dosen't the VC++ datatypes differ with c datatypes.
Because we don't have some vc++ data types in c. I have to convert the
vc++ datatypes into c data types or i have to use eqvivalent data
types. Can someone give me some idea how to convert or about the
equivalent data types?
What data types? classes? typedefs? Just find the definitions of those
you want and recreate them.

ramu

Basic data type like dword, BSTR etc. which i don't have in c and also
classes and typedefs. How to convert these basic data types into c
equivalent also the classes?

Regards

Dervish

As I understand you have some C++ code written on Windows in VC++ and
some code written in C on Linux. The question is - are you going to
compile VC++ code on Linux, OR somehow use already compiled Windows
VC++ code (e.g. using CORBA or some other middleware)?

ramu

Dervish said:
As I understand you have some C++ code written on Windows in VC++ and
some code written in C on Linux. The question is - are you going to
compile VC++ code on Linux, OR somehow use already compiled Windows
VC++ code (e.g. using CORBA or some other middleware)?

yeah. you are right. iI have written some code in C on linux. And I
want to compile VC++ code on linux. Is there any way doing it? If so,
how can I bring the linux compatibility for vc++ data types?

regards

Ben Pope

ramu said:
yeah. you are right. iI have written some code in C on linux. And I
want to compile VC++ code on linux. Is there any way doing it? If so,
how can I bring the linux compatibility for vc++ data types?

This question is very open ended. What exactly is "VC++ code"?

Implementing the entire Windows SDK, and working around all the compiler
extensions is quite a large task. Depends how much of it you have used.

It is not topical here. 99% of what IS topical, is the bits that will
cause you no problems at all (i.e., the standard compliant bits that
will compile on both platforms).

You're off topic.

Ben Pope