[C Language] Need help transferring Linux CodeBlocks Project to Windows CodeBlocks Project

Joined
Jun 19, 2023
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Greetings!

I originally started my C Project using Linux because I found the entire setup process easier than working within windows, as one could just use 'apt-get install f00' to install required libs for use, but due to unforeseen circumstances, Linux is no longer a suitable operating system for developing my project. So now, I need to transfer my entire project to Windows.

The good thing that I believe helps me, is that CodeBlocks is also available for use within windows, as its my development environment of choice, as it takes me out of the element of working with pesky make files and whatnot. I hate it, and all I am interested in doing is writing code, and pressing or selecting 'Build, Compile, Run'.

I had it set up and working in Linux but now I don't know how to configure this within Windows.

I have performed some research, and it looks like all I need to download is mingw, probably the 32-bit version, place that in the C:/ directory, and then point that directory in the CodeBlocks Compiler settings for ToolChain Executable

My working Compiler Settings listed below....I basically need help translating this from Linux to Windows as Listed below:

Compiler Settings

COMPILER FLAGS
Enable Extra Compiler Warnings: ticked
Stop Compiling after first Error: ticked

LINKER SETTINGS

Link libraries
ncurses
menu
panel
chipmunk
SDL2
SDL2_mixer
SDL2 ttf
SDL2 image

SEARCH DIRECTORIES

compiler

/usr/include/SDL2
/usr/include/GLES2
/usr/include/EGL
/usr/include/GL/usr/include/chipmunk

Linker

/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu

I need help ensuring I am selecting the correct Mingw compiler, and the other libraries listed too

Chipmunk is definitely an oddity, because only the source is provided in the github, and I have never been able to compile some else's code, and I was really really hoping to just find a dll or whatever so I could correctly link everything

This is all just a nightmare, because I don't know how to get this all set up under windows.

Sorry for the what seems like a ramble, but I did the best I could to explain what I am going through.

Thank you very much for reading my thread, and I would appreciate any help that you could offer resolving this problem.

Joined
Jun 19, 2023
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
I want to thank all those who have taken the time to respond to my thread.

Moderators, if possible, please mark this thread as 'closed.'