Equivalent of Python's virtualenv

T. B.

Does anyone know of a Ruby equivalent of Python's virtualenv? I need to
start getting up to speed on some stuff and think this would be a great
way to do it... Safely.

Thanks in advance.

Ad

Marnen Laibow-Koser

T. B. said:
Does anyone know of a Ruby equivalent of Python's virtualenv? I need to
start getting up to speed on some stuff and think this would be a great
way to do it... Safely.

Perhaps Try Ruby would have something useful? I *think* it's
open-source.
Thanks in advance.

Best,
--
Marnen Laibow-Koser
http://www.marnen.org

andrew mcelroy

Perhaps Try Ruby would have something useful? =A0I *think* it's
open-source.
Maintainer of Try Ruby here.

No Try Ruby isn't a sandbox, at least not yet.
That's what I was asking about the other day.

Your best bet would be a Rakefile that freezes the gems you want
isolated and maybe use ruby version manager.

The why_sandbox isn't ready for 1.9 and is only a sandbox in the sense
that it overwrites certain method calls like File and Kernel.

Andrew McElroy

Ad

Jason Stewart

Does anyone know of a Ruby equivalent of Python's virtualenv? I need to
start getting up to speed on some stuff and think this would be a great
way to do it... Safely.

Rip seems like it's pretty close to being ideal for what you want:

http://hellorip.com

Top