ERROR:COULD NOT FIND INSTALLABLE ISAM

ibeetb

When using ADO.NET, here is my code to bring in a table from EXCEL:
Dim sConnectionString As String = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;" _

& "Data Source=C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\ExcelData.xls;" _

& "Extended Properties=Excel 11.0;"

When it tries to OPEN my connection, I receive the following error:

COULD NOT FIND INSTALLABLE ISAM!

PLEASE HELP!

dgk

Hi,

check out :
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;209805

It could also happen due to the default security level of ASP.NET
default user. the default machine user is prohibited to access registry
and ISAM defined in registry.

Natty Gur[MVP]

blog : http://weblogs.asp.net/ngur
Mobile: +972-(0)58-888377

I ran into the same problem. An almost identical winforms program
works fine. So I (temporarily) made ASPNET a member of Administrators,
VS Developers, and Debuggers (or somethink like that). Still no good.

The KB mentions editing the registry but since the win app has no
problem, I don't see this as being the problem.

Any suggestions?