error in accessing database

le0

guys,

this is my first time to deploy website to the server, but every time i
access the page this error always appears.

Server Error in '/sample' Application.

The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot open the file
'\\telsvr04\sample\App_Data\MyBooks.mdb'. It is already opened exclusively
by another user, or you need permission to view its data.

Exception Details: System.Data.OleDb.OleDbException: The Microsoft Jet
database engine cannot open the file
'\\telsvr04\sample\App_Data\MyBooks.mdb'. It is already opened exclusively
by another user, or you need permission to view its data.

Source Error:

the folder where all files are located is set to full control and everyone
can access the file. i also tried to close the database to prevent the error
"already open axclusively by another user" from appearing but the same error
always appear in my browser.

btw im using MS Access database.

can you help me with this plssss....

l30

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)

A couple of possibilities

1. Someone (you?) has the file open
2. The user (anonymous if you are not using windows auth) does not have
access to the .mdb file
3. Most likely: The user does not have write rights to the directory

Access requires the creation of an .ldb file (lock file) when the database
is accessed.

le0

Hi Greg,

1. I close the db file to before accessing it remotely
2. Im using my account that is authenticated by the server
3. I also check the permission of the folder, everyone can access it with
full control permission

but the same error still appears, do i have to configure something in the
server?

l30