Error in accessing Excel sheets.

Guest

Please forgive me if the same topic is already posted. But i havent found
I have got an error while accessing the excel file as below. Can somebody reply if there is a solution

Access is denied.
Exception Details: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access is denied.
The ASP.NET process is not authorized to access the requested resource. For security reasons the default ASP.NET process identity is '{machinename}\ASPNET', which has limited privileges. Consider granting access rights to the resource to the ASP.NET process identity.

To grant ASP.NET write access to a file, right-click the file in Explorer, choose "Properties" and select the Security tab. Click "Add" to add the "{machinename}\ASPNET" user. Highlight the ASP.NET account, and check the Write box in the Allow column

Source Error:

Line 375: strSheetName = strSourceFil
Line 376

Line 377: Dim oExcel As New Excel.Application() 'ERROR HER

Line 378: Dim oBooks As Excel.Workbooks, oBook As Excel.Workboo
Line 379: Dim oSheets As Excel.Sheets, oSheet As Excel.Workshee

Mark Fitzpatrick

The error actually gives good details to fix it. You have to give the ASPNet
user account on the server permissions to launch Excel. You do this by going
to the directory that contains the Excel application and granting the ASPNet
user account at least Write permissions. It most likely needs this for temp
file resources.

Hope this helps,
Mark Fitzpatrick
Microsoft MVP - FrontPage