Error Request.BinaryRead in IIS 5.0 on Windows Nt 2000 SP3

Roberto

Sometimes when loading binary files with Request.BinaryRead IIS on the log
gives me the following Error (I have analyzed IIS Log with Web Trend
Analyzer and the error isn't frequent):

POST .../WZUpload.asp |59|ASP_0101_:_80004005|Unexpected_error...

I don't have information on the file inserted because it was inserted by
other people (Web Candidates that inserts their curricula on our Web Site)

I have tried with large files and I haven't reproduced the problem, i have
tried with 0 bytes files and I haven't reproduced the problem, I have tried
to insert into the upload file Low Value (Chr(0)) and I haven't reproduced
the problem....

The instruction is so....

AllDataB = Request.BinaryRead(Request.TotalBytes)

What type of files can cause the crash of BinaryRead ?

Thanks Rob.

MSFT

Hi Rob,

After some research, I found this kind of problem may occur when we post a
large file and the network is not stable. And it may occur randomly. We
can't reprodice with some exact steps. You may refer to following KB
article to see if they can hep:

HOWTO: Upload Files to the Internet Information Server
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=http://support.microsoft.com:
80/support/kb/articles/q184/3/52.asp&NoWebContent=1

SAMPLE: Using HttpSendRequestEx for Large POST Requests
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=http://support.microsoft.com:
80/support/kb/articles/q177/1/88.asp&NoWebContent=1

Hope this help,

Luke
Microsoft Online Support

Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security