Request.BinaryRead, error 'ASP 0101 : 80004005'

F. Nolet

Hi,

With IIS 6 - ASP :

I try to upload a file of 125,000,000 bytes.
To do it, I use this code :

Request.BinaryRead(Request.TotalBytes)

I get this error :

Request object error 'ASP 0101 : 80004005'
Unexpected error
/test/test.asp, line 20
The function returned |.

I tried with multiple calls to Request.BinaryRead but with a lower amount of
bytes.

It Works BUT .... if you call Request.BinaryRead with a value lower than
67125217 it works, any values equal or above, I get the error described
before.

Is it a BUG ???

Mark Schupp

Offhand I would say that your system is choking on the memory allocation
request for a safearry with 67million elements.

I cannot find any restrictions in the binaryread documentation regarding the
size of the returned array but that seems like an awfully large bite to chew
at one time.

Zam

Hello,

Not sure, but try "ASPMaxRequestEntityAllowed" in
\windows\system32\inetsvr\metabase.xml

With best regards,