Error running xmlrpc Client and server under different Python versions

stanislav.borisover

Hello.

I need to run xmlrpc Server under Python 3.3 and Client under Python 2.7. But when I try to do so, I receive the following exception:

"<class 'NameError'>:global name 'xmlrpclib' is not defined"

What is the reason for such an exception. As far as I understand xmlrpc is language independent. Please help.

Regards,
Slava

Ad

Mark Lawrence

See http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-3108/#xmlrpc-package

--
"Steve is going for the pink ball - and for those of you who are
watching in black and white, the pink is next to the green." Snooker

Mark Lawrence

Ad

Fábio Santos

Hello.

I need to run xmlrpc Server under Python 3.3 and Client under Python 2.7.
But when I try to do so, I receive the following exception:
"<class 'NameError'>:global name 'xmlrpclib' is not defined"

Somewhere in your code you are trying to use the name 'xmlrpclib' but it
was not imported or otherwise assigned to. Search through your code to find
the usage.
What is the reason for such an exception. As far as I understand xmlrpc
is language independent. Please help.

The fact that it is language independent is irrelevant since this is a code
error.

Cheers

Top