eruby setup question

Greg Brondo

I guess I'm a little confused. How can I setup eruby to process .rhtml
files without using mod_ruby? (I want it to run as a standard cgi app --
I'm going to run it under abyss webserver to be exact).

Thanks!
Greg B.

Gennady

Greg said:
I guess I'm a little confused. How can I setup eruby to process .rhtml
files without using mod_ruby? (I want it to run as a standard cgi app --
I'm going to run it under abyss webserver to be exact).

Thanks!
Greg B.
First of all, you need to register extention .rhtml to be handled as a
CGI script in your webserver. Then, assuming the server runs on Unix,
you should add

#!/usr/local/bin/eruby -Mc

as a first line in your .rhtml file.

You may need to replace "/usr/local/bin" with whatever directory "eruby"
is installed in on your system.

Gennady.

Osuka Adartse

Greg said:
I guess I'm a little confused. How can I setup eruby to process .rhtml
files without using mod_ruby? (I want it to run as a standard cgi app --
I'm going to run it under abyss webserver to be exact).

Thanks!
Greg B.
go to the console

Server configuration-> Advanced ->cgi interpreters->add

interpreter: e:\usr\local\bin\eruby.exe
assoc extension: .rhtml
automatic blah: yes

change the interpreter path to your setup restart and that's it, you may
want to add index.rhtml to the index pages server-advandced->server
parameters->index files

Adartse

Gennady

Gennady said:
First of all, you need to register extention .rhtml to be handled as a
CGI script in your webserver. Then, assuming the server runs on Unix,
you should add

#!/usr/local/bin/eruby -Mc

as a first line in your .rhtml file.

and make your .rhtml file executable with "chmod +x", of course.