eruby?

Jonathan Denni

"In order to use eruby with the Apache Web server, you need to perform
the following steps.

* Copy the eruby binary to the cgi-bin directory.

* Add the following two lines to httpd.conf:

AddType application/x-httpd-eruby .rhtml
Action application/x-httpd-eruby /cgi-bin/eruby"

i found this here:
http://www.ruby-doc.org/docs/ProgrammingRuby/html/web.html

is this all i need to do, or do i need a ruby-enabled web-server?
also, where do i find this eruby binary, and httpd.conf?

thanks

Aredridel

--=-njzdCOEO0+D2Ejrc82TA

"In order to use eruby with the Apache Web server, you need to perform=20
the following steps.
=20
* Copy the eruby binary to the cgi-bin directory.
=20
* Add the following two lines to httpd.conf:
=20
AddType application/x-httpd-eruby .rhtml
Action application/x-httpd-eruby /cgi-bin/eruby"
=20
i found this here:=20
http://www.ruby-doc.org/docs/ProgrammingRuby/html/web.html

That's one way to make ruby talk to the web -- CGI, so not the fastest,
and ERB, but yeah.
=20
is this all i need to do, or do i need a ruby-enabled web-server?
also, where do i find this eruby binary, and httpd.conf?

There's a binary 'erb' in the stock ruby distro that does it, or 'eruby'
from http://modruby.net/, which is likely a tad faster.

There's also FastCGI, proxying to Mongrel or WEBrick, or other ways to
integrate ruby into the server, depending on what you're doing.

If you want a low-barrier-to-entry works-like-PHP method, use the above.
I recommend FastCGI, SCGI or Mongrel for high-performance apps.

Aria
=20
thanks
=20

--=-njzdCOEO0+D2Ejrc82TA

--=-njzdCOEO0+D2Ejrc82TA--

Jonathan Denni

Aredridel said:
That's one way to make ruby talk to the web -- CGI, so not the fastest,
and ERB, but yeah.

There's a binary 'erb' in the stock ruby distro that does it, or 'eruby'
from http://modruby.net/, which is likely a tad faster.

There's also FastCGI, proxying to Mongrel or WEBrick, or other ways to
integrate ruby into the server, depending on what you're doing.

If you want a low-barrier-to-entry works-like-PHP method, use the above.
I recommend FastCGI, SCGI or Mongrel for high-performance apps.

Aria

Thanks

I downloaded eRuby. Which file do I put in the CGI directory, or do I
put the whole directory?