Event firing wierdness in IE7

Mark

I'm not sure if I am posting to the right group as I'm developing in
IE7, but here goes. I am developing a simple control with a pop-up
menu. The control is rendered as two tables. The menu table is
rendered with display:none. I handle the click event of the main
control table and display the second table. Before I display the menu
table I position it relative to the first table (i.e. the control)
which causes it to appear over the top of the the control table and
hence under the mouse pointer. I am then handling the onmouseout event
of the second table so that I can hide the menu table. Here's the
problem. Sometimes, usually with a quick movement of the mouse the
onmouseout event does not fire. When this happens, I can them move the
mouse back over the table and both the onmouseover and mouseout events
fire! Can someone explain what is going on here?

Regards,

Mark.

SAM

Mark a écrit :
I'm not sure if I am posting to the right group as I'm developing in
IE7, but here goes. I am developing a simple control with a pop-up
menu. The control is rendered as two tables. The menu table is
rendered with display:none. I handle the click event of the main
control table and display the second table. Before I display the menu
table I position it relative to the first table (i.e. the control)
which causes it to appear over the top of the the control table and
hence under the mouse pointer. I am then handling the onmouseout event
of the second table so that I can hide the menu table. Here's the
problem. Sometimes, usually with a quick movement of the mouse the
onmouseout event does not fire. When this happens, I can them move the
mouse back over the table and both the onmouseover and mouseout events
fire! Can someone explain what is going on here?

tables ... (IE is not very strong or fast with table)

You know that even IE can play menus+submenus onmouseon/out
without any JS ?

<http://www.cssplay.co.uk/menus/dd_valid.html>
(conditionals make the menu in tables for old IE ... :-( )