innerHTML javascript events not firing

teb

Hello all,

Here is basically the situation. I have an empty div on my page.
When I mouseover a word, the innerHTML of the div gets written with a
table. The td elements all have onclick, onmouseover, etc. events.
When I mouseover a word, the div appears, but none of the events fire
until another event occurs. For example, if I put in an alert box or
I right click, and then mouseover the div, the td events then work.
Keep in mind that the div is basically acting as a menu. So the
sequence of events that I'm seeing are as follows: mouse over a word,
div appears but none of the events are firing, right click to bring up
std context menu, left click to close, mouseover div again and events
fire.

Here is how I'm setting the innerHTML of the div (I know it could be
cleaner, I'm just testing something).

oContextMenu.innerHTML ='<table width="100" border="0" cellpadding="0"
cellspacing="1" bgcolor="#000000"><tr ><td bgcolor="#cdaf95"
onMouseOut="this.style.background=\'#F7F7F7\';hideMenu();"
onClick="setValue();hideMenu();" onMouseOver="this.style.background

Any help would be appreciated.

teb