Exception handling

Guest

Hi,
I have a web application in which I have implemented exception handling – my
own custom exception etc.
My question is - what do I do with exceptions in the Global.asax event?
I don't want to redirect users to an error page - I want to keep unity in my
exception handling (I don't do it for other exceptions).
Any suggestions?

Thanks

Yoav

Teemu Keiski

Hi,

you'd want to catch then at Application _Error at least. But what do you do
with exceptions is big time design question. E.g what does your software
require?

Things I might consider:

- logging the error (file, database, event log etc)
- Displaying user a friendly error message (that would be an error page yes)
- catching errors also on the page and possible on the subroutine level so
that you could be able to react to them (you know more specifically what
failed when you catch error in specific place and you might be able to
instruct user how to overcome it)