Exchanging data with a C program using shared memory (sysV IPC)

Al

Hello,

I want my python application to communicate with an legacy C program which
read/write data in a shared memory (Unix Sys V IPC).

It seems that there are no official shm nor sysV ipc module, and that
non-official ones are dead. I can't modify the C code to change its
communication method.

How would you solve this problem using python ?
Is there any reason there is no official shm for python ?

I could write a C code which communicates with my python application
using mmap or something else and with the old C code using shmat(), but
this is a rather ugly solution.

Thanks in advance.

slacker

Al said:
I want my python application to communicate with an legacy C program which
read/write data in a shared memory (Unix Sys V IPC).

Have you looked at the dl module? Types and portability aside, it
might provide you with what you need.

Cheers,

- slacker

Al

Hello slacker,
Have you looked at the dl module? Types and portability aside, it
might provide you with what you need.

Cheers,

- slacker

Thank you very much for your advice. I didn't use the dl module, but
searching information on dl, led me to the 'new' ctype one which
is perfect for my use.