    i do not want to use server side object creation techniques, since it is
    giving problems in destroying the excel objects,that are created. Any help
    would be really appreciated.

    Guest, Oct 21, 2005

    Paul Clement Guest

    ¤ Hi,
    ¤ i want to export data from a datagrid to excel sheet. I'm able to do it
    ¤ using RenderControl method of the datagrid. But i do not have any control
    ¤ over the column width of excel sheet. Is there any way to format the columns?
    ¤ i do not want to use server side object creation techniques, since it is
    ¤ giving problems in destroying the excel objects,that are created. Any help
    ¤ would be really appreciated.

    Unfortunately column formatting requires the Excel application so I'm afraid there is no workaround
    for this feature. The only other option might be to use a document template where the columns have
    already been formatted.

    Paul
    ~~~~
    Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)