extension to idle to clear screen - but how to write to screen?

Discussion in 'Python' started by owl, Nov 15, 2007.

  1. owl

    owl Guest

    and here I thought I was going to finally be able to change the world
    AND contribute back to python with my amazing clear screen extension -
    but I can't get it to work. ;(

    Copying from ZoomHeight.py and someone else's clever print suggestion:
    # My Clear extension: clear a window

    class Clear:

    menudefs = [
    ('windows', [
    ('_Clear', '<<clear>>'),
    ])
    ]

    def __init__(self, editwin):
    self.editwin = editwin

    def clear_event(self, event):
    for i in range(60):
    print

    It shows up as a menu item, but does not do anything. No output,
    nuffin.
    I did get some sort of 'no connection msg' playing around which leads
    me to believe that I can't really write to the window (at least not
    this simplistically)...

    Pointers?

    owl, Nov 15, 2007

  2. owl

    Tal Einat Guest

    Try this:
    self.editiwin.write('\n'*60)

    - Tal Einat
    reduce(lambda m,x:[m+s[-1] for i,s in enumerate(sorted(m))],
    [[chr(154-ord(c)) for c in '.&-&,l.Z95193+179-']]*18)[3]

    P.S. Feel free to contact the idle-dev mailing list: idle-dev <at>
    python (dot) org

    Tal Einat, Nov 17, 2007

  3. owl

    owl Guest