External CSS

Joined
Mar 20, 2020
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Does anyone know why my css is not linking? Here is the code:

<link href="css.css" rel="stylesheets" type="text/css">

The file is called css.css( will change that when I have figured out how to link).

Is it something to do with my file path?

C:\Program Files (x86)\Notepad++\First website

Thanks in advance

Joined
Nov 27, 2019
Messages
163
Reaction score
28
Check to see if css.css is in the same folder as the HTML page that is calling it and not in a sub-folder or an entirely different one.

Joined
Aug 10, 2020
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
i think this is path issue....
if your css in any folder like "assets" then yoi should use path like this

<link href="assets/css.css" rel="stylesheets" type="text/css">

Thank You

Last edited by a moderator:
Joined
Jan 14, 2021
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Does anyone know why my css is not linking? Here is the code:

<link href="css.css" rel="stylesheets" type="text/css">

The file is called css.css( will change that when I have figured out how to link).

Is it something to do with my file path?

C:\Program Files (x86)\Notepad++\First website

Thanks in advance
shouldn`t be it `a href` ?

Joined
Nov 27, 2019
Messages
163
Reaction score
28
You should start your own thread and not hijack an other's. Not everybody checks old threads.
BUT, it's the same answer for you. Your file probibly is not where it should be. You should have a folder called "CSS" next to a file named "INDEX", capitols for emphasis. In the "CSS" folder should be a file named "CSS".