Fallback for indent aligned table that overflows?

?

=?iso-8859-1?q?Jean-Fran=E7ois_Michaud?=

Hello everybody,

I'm having a little issue with tables. I want to align it according to
the left indent, but if the table is too wide, I want to fall back on a
right align. How do I detect if an error occured so I can output the
table properly?

Regards
Jean-Francois Michaud

Peter Flynn

Jean-François Michaud said:
Hello everybody,

I'm having a little issue with tables. I want to align it according to
the left indent, but if the table is too wide, I want to fall back on a
right align. How do I detect if an error occured so I can output the
table properly?

What software (editor) are you using?
What XML document type are you using (name of the DTD or Schema)?
What table model does it use (HTML, DocBook, SAS...)?

///Peter

?

=?iso-8859-1?q?Jean-Fran=E7ois_Michaud?=

I'm transforming XML + XSLT to PostScript through RenderX XEP 4.6. The
XSLT uses some RenderX specific extensions when dealing with revision
indicators.

The editor used is open-source VEX using a custom DTD and CSS.

The tables get rendered properly when .ps is transformed to .pdf, we
have all the information needed in the custom table model we use to
render tables correctly. The issue is more with the layout engine and
XSLT it seems to me.

I fail to see why knowing which table model is used is relevant in the
context of a mechanism being available to output tables properly if
they happen to overflow on the right margin because they are indent
aligned.

I basically need an error catch mechanism of sort or some similar
process to output tables right aligned instead of indent aligned if
indent align overflows on the right margin.

Regards
Jean-Francois Michaud