FCGI with GEM install error

Michael Whittaker

Hello folks!

After successfully installing Ruby + Rails on windows to develop, I
wanted to install Ruby with FCGI (for apache2), MySQL and Rails on a
SuSE Linux 10.0 (x64) server for production use.

RAILS installed fine using "gem install rails", so did the mysql
extension.

But when I try to install the FastCGI-gem ("fcgi") I get an error, I
don't understand (btw: I have ruby-devel installed).

==OUTPUT==
funky-server:~ # gem install fcgi
Attempting local installation of 'fcgi'
Local gem file not found: fcgi*.gem
Attempting remote installation of 'fcgi'
ERROR: While executing gem ... (RuntimeError)
Gem files will remain installed in
/usr/lib64/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/fcgi-0.8.7 for inspection.
ruby extconf.rb install fcgi\nchecking for fcgiapp.h... no
checking for fastcgi/fcgiapp.h... no

Results logged to
/usr/lib64/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/fcgi-0.8.7/ext/fcgi/gem_make.out
==END OUTPUT==

==CONTENT OF gem_make.out==
ruby extconf.rb install fcgi
checking for fcgiapp.h... no
checking for fastcgi/fcgiapp.h... no
==END CONTENT OF gem_make.out==

Thanks for your help,
Michael.

Syed Arif

This may help ......
gem install fcgi -- --with-fcgi-include=FCGIINSTALLPATH/include
–with-fcgi-lib=FCGIINSTALLPATH/lib