File Download Dialog

pharaohseti

Hi to the group...

I have an Excel (XLS) file in my server. I want my ERP users to click
a button and download that file. But i couldn't change web.xml because
of project settings. Because of that i can't use MIME types....

I used this code in my java file:

public void download() {
String filename = "/ornek.xls";
java.io.File file = new java.io.File(filename);
java.io.FileInputStream fis = new java.io.FileInputStream(file);

javax.activation.FileTypeMap ftm = new
javax.activation.MimetypesFileTypeMap();
response.setContentType(ftm.getContentType(filename));

response.setHeader("Content-Disposition","attachment; filename="
+ file.getName() + ";");
int iRead;
while ((iRead = fis.read()) != -1) {
response.getOutputStream().write(iRead);
}
response.getOutputStream().flush();
}

and then i put these lines to my jsp page:

<dos:submit value="Download" width="120" islem="download"
id="btnIndirExcel" validation="false" />

dos is our frameworks name. Don't mess with it up.

But when i use this approach and compile, while testing i click and
the dialog opens up i save the file but the Download button becomes
gray until i press F5. How can i find a solution. Thanks a lot...