file upload in AJAX Javascript

kariach

Hello, I am writing a web app that collects some user input and an
optional image filename. When the user clicks submits, I use an
asynchronous XML HTTP call to a backend asp.net handler to process the
input. I have not been able to figure out clean way to upload a file
in this setup - Can someone offer some help?

thanks,
Simon

Peter Michaux

Hi Simon,

Hello, I am writing a web app that collects some user input and an
optional image filename. When the user clicks submits, I use an
asynchronous XML HTTP call to a backend asp.net handler to process the
input. I have not been able to figure out clean way to upload a file
in this setup - Can someone offer some help?

The Yahoo! UI AJAX library has a hidden iframe trick that allows file
upload in an AJAX-y kind of way. Perhaps it will give you the clues you
need to implement your own solution.

http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/connection/

Peter

Randy Webb

Une Bévue said the following on 10/22/2006 2:07 PM:
is their a way with ajax to save a file on the user desktop ?

Not with ajax, not with comet, not with borax. You need user interaction
to do that.