file upload problem

Guoqi Zheng

Dear Sir,

I am trying to use do a upload function on my site. I got a upload class
from Internet. However, sometimes, it works, sometimes, it give me the
following error.
Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a0005'

Invalid procedure call or argument

/viplogin/include/UploadClass.asp, line 136

Line 136 is following

For nIndex = 1 to LenB(FileData)
oFile.Write Chr(AscB(MidB(FileData,nIndex,1))) --- Line 136
Next

Can someone help me out??

<my upload class>

<%
'***************************************
' File: Upload.asp
' Author: Jacob "Beezle" Gilley
' Email: (e-mail address removed)
' Date: 12/07/2000
' Comments: The code for the Upload, CByteString,
' CWideString subroutines was originally
' written by Philippe Collignon...or so
' he claims. Also, I am not responsible
' for any ill effects this script may
' cause and provide this script "AS IS".
' Enjoy!
'****************************************

Class FileUploader
Public Files
Private mcolFormElem

Private Sub Class_Initialize()
Set Files = Server.CreateObject("Scripting.Dictionary")
Set mcolFormElem = Server.CreateObject("Scripting.Dictionary")
End Sub

Private Sub Class_Terminate()
If IsObject(Files) Then
Files.RemoveAll()
Set Files = Nothing
End If
If IsObject(mcolFormElem) Then
mcolFormElem.RemoveAll()
Set mcolFormElem = Nothing
End If
End Sub

Public Property Get Form(sIndex)
Form = ""
If mcolFormElem.Exists(LCase(sIndex)) Then Form =
mcolFormElem.Item(LCase(sIndex))
End Property

Public Default Sub Upload()
Dim biData, sInputName
Dim nPosBegin, nPosEnd, nPos, vDataBounds, nDataBoundPos
Dim nPosFile, nPosBound

biData = Request.BinaryRead(Request.TotalBytes)
nPosBegin = 1
nPosEnd = InstrB(nPosBegin, biData, CByteString(Chr(13)))

If (nPosEnd-nPosBegin) <= 0 Then Exit Sub

vDataBounds = MidB(biData, nPosBegin, nPosEnd-nPosBegin)
nDataBoundPos = InstrB(1, biData, vDataBounds)

Do Until nDataBoundPos = InstrB(biData, vDataBounds & CByteString("--"))

nPos = InstrB(nDataBoundPos, biData, CByteString("Content-Disposition"))
nPos = InstrB(nPos, biData, CByteString("name="))
nPosBegin = nPos + 6
nPosEnd = InstrB(nPosBegin, biData, CByteString(Chr(34)))
sInputName = CWideString(MidB(biData, nPosBegin, nPosEnd-nPosBegin))
nPosFile = InstrB(nDataBoundPos, biData, CByteString("filename="))
nPosBound = InstrB(nPosEnd, biData, vDataBounds)

If nPosFile <> 0 And nPosFile < nPosBound Then
Dim oUploadFile, sFileName
Set oUploadFile = New UploadedFile

nPosBegin = nPosFile + 10
nPosEnd = InstrB(nPosBegin, biData, CByteString(Chr(34)))
sFileName = CWideString(MidB(biData, nPosBegin, nPosEnd-nPosBegin))
oUploadFile.FileName = Right(sFileName,
Len(sFileName)-InStrRev(sFileName, "\"))

nPos = InstrB(nPosEnd, biData, CByteString("Content-Type:"))
nPosBegin = nPos + 14
nPosEnd = InstrB(nPosBegin, biData, CByteString(Chr(13)))

oUploadFile.ContentType = CWideString(MidB(biData, nPosBegin,
nPosEnd-nPosBegin))

nPosBegin = nPosEnd+4
nPosEnd = InstrB(nPosBegin, biData, vDataBounds) - 2
oUploadFile.FileData = MidB(biData, nPosBegin, nPosEnd-nPosBegin)

If oUploadFile.FileSize > 0 Then Files.Add LCase(sInputName),
oUploadFile
Else
nPos = InstrB(nPos, biData, CByteString(Chr(13)))
nPosBegin = nPos + 4
nPosEnd = InstrB(nPosBegin, biData, vDataBounds) - 2
If Not mcolFormElem.Exists(LCase(sInputName)) Then mcolFormElem.Add
LCase(sInputName), CWideString(MidB(biData, nPosBegin, nPosEnd-nPosBegin))
End If

nDataBoundPos = InstrB(nDataBoundPos + LenB(vDataBounds), biData,
vDataBounds)
Loop
End Sub

'String to byte string conversion
Private Function CByteString(sString)
Dim nIndex
For nIndex = 1 to Len(sString)
CByteString = CByteString & ChrB(AscB(Mid(sString,nIndex,1)))
Next
End Function

'Byte string to string conversion
Private Function CWideString(bsString)
Dim nIndex
CWideString =""
For nIndex = 1 to LenB(bsString)
CWideString = CWideString & Chr(AscB(MidB(bsString,nIndex,1)))
Next
End Function
End Class

Class UploadedFile
Public ContentType
Public FileName
Public FileData

Public Property Get FileSize()
FileSize = LenB(FileData)
End Property

Public Sub SaveToDisk(sPath)
Dim oFS, oFile
Dim nIndex

If sPath = "" Or FileName = "" Then Exit Sub
If Mid(sPath, Len(sPath)) <> "\" Then sPath = sPath & "\"

Set oFS = Server.CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
If Not oFS.FolderExists(sPath) Then Exit Sub

Set oFile = oFS.CreateTextFile(sPath & FileName, True)

For nIndex = 1 to LenB(FileData)
oFile.Write Chr(AscB(MidB(FileData,nIndex,1)))
Next

oFile.Close
End Sub

Public Sub SaveToDatabase(ByRef oField)
If LenB(FileData) = 0 Then Exit Sub

If IsObject(oField) Then
oField.AppendChunk FileData
End If
End Sub

End Class

--
Met vriendelijke groet,

Guoqi Zheng
Tel: +31 (0) 23 5343545
http://www.meetholland.com

Evertjan.

Guoqi Zheng wrote on 04 jan 2004 in
I am trying to use do a upload function on my site. I got a upload
class from Internet. However, sometimes, it works, sometimes, it give
me the following error.
Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a0005'

Invalid procedure call or argument

/viplogin/include/UploadClass.asp, line 136

Line 136 is following

Set oFS = Server.CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
If Not oFS.FolderExists(sPath) Then Exit Sub
Set oFile = oFS.CreateTextFile(sPath & FileName, True)

For nIndex = 1 to LenB(FileData)
oFile.Write Chr(AscB(MidB(FileData,nIndex,1))) --- Line 136
Next

Can someone help me out??

Hi Guoqi,

Ik kan me alleen bedenken dat er iets fout gaat met de SET in de regel
ervoor, waardoor de write niet lukt.

Bijvoorbeld een missende "/" tussen sPath & FileName ?

Guoqi Zheng

Hi, Evertjan

Thanks for your quick reply. I have been in Holland for 3.5 years, however,
I still can not understand Dutch.

The variable "sPath" is always checked to make sure that it end with a "\".
So I think it wasn't that problem.

The funy thing is that somet imes it is ok, some times, it gives that error

Any one has an idea??

--
Met vriendelijke groet,

Guoqi Zheng