    Download File Uploader - use "guest" for user name and password

    Thanks for any help or resources,
    Louis

    ll, Oct 10, 2007

  2. If that script doesn't work as expected, please consult the
    documentation or the script author.

    If you want to write your own script, and are encountering difficulties
    when doing so, this group may be a good place to ask for help. Btw, you
    may want to make use of the CPAN module CGI::UploadEasy.

    Gunnar Hjalmarsson, Oct 10, 2007

  3. ll

    ll Guest

    Gunnar,
    Thanks for your reply. I've now got the files to upload (to "cgi-bin/
    upload/" - for some reason I cannot get them to upload to "root/
    upload/". I am able to open the files from the ftp client, although
    when I try opening them via the link created (which turns out to be
    the empty "root/upload/" directory) on the page, I get the following
    error:
    "Not Found
    The requested URL /upload/comm_khicks.gif was not found on this
    server.
    Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to
    use an ErrorDocument to handle the request. "

    I would like a way to view/open the files within the "root/upload/"
    directory. Thanks for the tip re CGI::UploadEasy.

    Louis

    ll, Oct 10, 2007
  4. I had a look at the script's config variables. Try this setting:

    $parent_dir = "$ENV{DOCUMENT_ROOT}/";
    As long as the files are not saved in that directory, you can't
    reasonably be expecting to view/open the files there, can you?
    You're welcome. Note, again, that this group is for discussing Perl
    programming, not for assistance with ready-to-use scripts.

    Gunnar Hjalmarsson, Oct 11, 2007
  5. ll

    ll Guest

    Gunnar,
    Many thanks - that was what it needed - the correct diretory is
    receiving and displaying the files. Also, thanks for the word on the
    group - will look for a group more suitably tailored to this.

    regards,
    Louis

    ll, Oct 11, 2007