Rails, using Andrew Valum's uploader

Bigos

Hi,

I am trying to create multiple file upload using Andrew Valum's uploader
http://valums.com/ajax-upload/ .

When I try to upload example files I get following output:
background1.jpg 22.2kB Successfully Uploaded!
birdie.jpg 0.1MB Failed
black.gif 1.5kB Failed

Most of the time all files seem to be uploaded correctly despite having
error messages.

I can't understand what I am doing wrong here.

Relevant code in application.html.erb

<script>
function createUploader(){
var uploader = new qq.FileUploader({
allowedExtensions: [],
element: document.getElementById('file-uploader-demo1'),
action: '/wedding_photos/multiupload',

onComplete: function(id, fileName, responseJSON){
if (responseJSON.success) {
$$('.qq-upload-failed-text').first().update(' Successfully
Uploaded!');
}
else
{
$$('.qq-upload-failed-text').first().update(' Hmm .. upload
failed');
});
}
// in your app create uploader as soon as the DOM is ready
// don't wait for the window to load
window.onload = createUploader;
</script>

And this is method definition in the relevant controller
def multiupload
logger.info "\n\n\n I'm in multiupload\n\n\n"

@filename = params['qqfile']

newf = File.open('/tmp/nextAttempt_' + @filename, "wb")
str = request.body.read
newf.write(str)