    If he wants them to range from 0 to RAND_MAX, calls to rand() followed
    by rejection of duplicates is probably the best approach, at least if
    the number of values needed is much smaller than RAND_MAX.

    James Kuyper, Aug 7, 2013

  2. He's on topic and he's not rude or aggressive, so there aren't any grounds for
    complaint. If it's a joke then it's a clever and good one.

    I don't normally find there's much I can usefully say in response to Bill,
    but I usually read him. Usually there's an answer to the question already posted, so I don't pay any more attention to the thread. But I neither
    encourage nor discourage other people from responding.

    Malcolm McLean, Aug 7, 2013