Filling table of cell with <input> fields

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Shef, Dec 9, 2003.

  1. Shef

    Shef Guest

    I'd like to completely fill the width of a cell in a table with an input
    field. This code works ok:

    The problem arises when the <input> has a value="text" clause. If "text" is
    very long, then the input grows to accommodate it. It will even make the
    table wider than the screen.

    How do I get the input to be the specified size, and not grow? I'd like the
    text to scroll horizontally within the text box, as it does when no
    style="width:100%" has been specified.

    Shef, Dec 9, 2003

  2. Shef

    brucie Guest

    looks like a bug. it doesn't occur with modern browsers.

    brucie, Dec 9, 2003

  3. Shef

    Chris Guest

    It happens with IE 6.0. Try it.

    Chris, Dec 10, 2003
  4. Shef

    Mark Parnell Guest

    Sometime around Tue, 9 Dec 2003 21:31:06 -0600, Chris is reported to have
    stated:
    As brucie said, it's a bug. It doesn't happen in modern browsers.

    Mark Parnell, Dec 10, 2003
  5. Brucie never said it didn't.

    Leif K-Brooks, Dec 10, 2003