firefox & tabs

Discussion in 'HTML' started by david.lomuscio, Apr 10, 2007.

  1. hi all, i need to open new links in other firefox tabs. this is easy..
    but i'd like too to put the focus on the tab targeted.. any ideas ?

    david.lomuscio, Apr 10, 2007

  2. If it's just a personal problem in using FF:
    New Tab: Ctrl+N
    Focus: is automatically set to the new tab

    If it's a try to remotely manage a client-FF via HTML:
    Why would you do such a thing? And what about IE 6.0? Opera? Netscape?
    Lynx? Opera-Mini? Safari? Camino?

    cheers
    Bernhard

    Bernhard Sturm, Apr 10, 2007

  3. It is a Firefox setting Tools>Options>Tabs and check "When I open a link
    in a new tab, switch to it immediately"

    Jonathan N. Little, Apr 10, 2007
  4. david.lomuscio

    dorayme Guest

    To sum up, you can do it on a per url basis (as Bernhard
    mentioned), or set it in your preferences or options for
    permanent. You might find the former more congenial in the long
    run. The latter can get out of hand.

    dorayme, Apr 11, 2007