Firing a javascript event when an UpdateProgress is triggered

Joined
Apr 17, 2008
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Hello all,

Can anyone think of a way to fire a Javascript event when an UpdateProgress control is activated? I've tried handling the PageRequest's Begin and End requests events in Javascript:

Sys.WebForms.PageRequestManager.getInstance().add_beginRequest(BeginRequestHandler);
Sys.WebForms.PageRequestManager.getInstance().add_endRequest(EndRequestHandler);

It works pretty slick. I store the element id that starts the postback, hide the div around the UpdatePanel and on the EndRequest, show the div again. The problem with this is the request handlers fire with respect to the postback, not with the Update Progress firing. I have my DisplayAfter="3000" on my Update Progress. If a postback occurs that does not reach the DisplayAfter time, the div still flickers (as it's being hidden and shown on the Begin and End Requests.

So after all of that, I am still looking to find if there is an event that fires when the UpdateProgress control is displayed to the screen? I am even looking into adding a hidden control within the UpdateProgress Template to see if it fires any events when the UpdateProgress is displayed.

Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!