flyout menu help needed

adjusted

hi everyone!
I'm in a need of a little help-out here...

I don't have page on the web with this flyout yet for showing an example but
if needed i'll bring it up.

Problem: it's showing allright in Opera and Firefox, but in IE6 it's not
showing as it should so. ??? can't find the real problem...although there is
some property which has an influence on it...

here is the code:

..meni {
Z-index: 1000;
font-size: 15px;
margin:10px 0 5px -3px;
}

..meni ul {
padding:0;
margin:0;
list-style-type:none;
width:150px;
position: relative;
border:1px solid #fff;
}

..meni li {
background:#F0F8FF;
height:25px;
}

/* style the links */
..meni a, .meni a:visited {
font-family:verdana, arial, sans-serif;
display:block;
text-decoration:none;
height:25px;
line-height:25px;
width:150px;
text-indent:5px;
border-bottom:1px solid #fff;
background: #F0F8FF;
}

/* style the link hover */
* html .meni a:hover {
color:#fff;
background:#F0F0F0 ;
}

..meni a:hover {
color:#fff;
background:#F0F0F0;
}

/* hide the sub levels and give them a positon absolute so that they take up
no room */
..meni ul ul {
visibility: hidden;
position: absolute;
top: 55px;
font-size: 90%;
left:150px;
}

/* make the second level visible when hover on first level list OR link */
..meni ul li:hover ul,
..meni ul a:hover ul {
visibility: visible;
height: 235px;
}

<ul style="margin-top: 50px;">
<li style="margin-top: 5px; font-weight: 600;"><a
href="mapa_cetvrti.html">Zagrebaèki kvartovi</a></li>

<ul>
</ul>

</li>

adjusted

* html .menu li {margin-left:-16px; margin-lef\t:0;}
/* get rid of the table */
..menu table {position:absolute; border-collapse:collapse; top:0; left:0;
z-index:100; font-size:1em; width:0; height:0;}

This part above is also included in original but it doesn't have sense for
this flyout, also i don't understand where "table" goes as there is no table
property in original copy.
This page is working in tablelayout with TRs and TDs...so maybe the problem
lies here somewhere....

:)

Jonathan N. Little

adjusted said:
hi everyone!
I'm in a need of a little help-out here...

I don't have page on the web with this flyout yet for showing an example but
if needed i'll bring it up.

Problem: it's showing allright in Opera and Firefox, but in IE6 it's not
showing as it should so. ??? can't find the real problem...although there is
some property which has an influence on it...

Simple, IE6 *only* supports pseudo-element hover on A elements with an
HREF attribute, i.e., a link. You have to use JavaScript to augment for
IE support. Google "Son of Suckerfish"