Fonts and sizes

Dylan Parry

Samuël van Laere said:
According to this website:
http://home.moravian.edu/users/educ/merjs02/courses/font.htm

Windows has the Georgia font installed, but i never found it on my
system. Also i wonder why the Times New Roman font at a size of 100% is
smaller then Arial font at a 100% size.

My system as it comes didn't have any of those fonts installed. I do
however use Linux and have installed all of those fonts anyway, but the
point is that is says "PC" yet my "PC" did not have them. Also, different
versions of Windows come with different fonts, not all come with the OS,
and some are installed with Internet update packs from Win Update.

With regards to TNR and Arial being different at 100%; TNR is a serif
font, wherea arial is a sans-serif font. Arial is just naturally a little
bigger.

Leif K-Brooks

Jim said:
This page is way out of date. Some Mac system fonts are missing, and
some of the ones listed no longer exist.

And you can never assume /any/ font is installed. The only safe bets are
not specifying a font, or using a group like serif.