Form Fields Visibility

I have a web form which is quite long.

My first field is required.

If my user submits the form the page just sits there and
the do not see my validation message at the top of my page.

Do you know how I can reposition teh page so they see teh
message i.e.scroll back up the page?

Thanks,

Raja Saravanan

I assume that post back happens in your case, after which the focus still
remains on the button. You should turn off the smart navigation feature in
case of the error.

HTH
Raja

L. L.

I think what C meant is the field on the top is required field. And when the
user clicks on the button on the very bottom of the page, the page will not
post back because the required field validator fires up. However, because
the page is so long, the user may not realize the required field on the top
is not filled out.

My suggestion is add a validation summary below the submit button. So when
the user clicks on the button, the validation summary will show all
validation message if there are any fields filled with invalid data.

L.L.